Congratulations on being a proud owner of a fine piece of jewellery from Heritage Gems! Our pieces are individually handcrafted to the finest quality standards that will withstand that test of time. However, before you go off and start banging your ring or bracelet on your kitchen sink, one should know by now that fine jewellery deserve to be treated with care and love. So please read on below on tips for caring for your fine jewellery by Heritage Gems.
- LIFO: Last In, First Out. Fine jewellery should usually be the last item you wear before leaving the house and the first item out when arriving back home.
- Avoid doing house chores and manual labour or washing the dishes with fine jewellery (especially those with diamonds or gemstones mounted on).
- Gently wipe jewellery with the cleaning cloth provided by Heritage Gems
- Do not clean jewellery with any type of chemicals, cleaning agents, harsh solvents, harsh liquids
- If, and only if, one has to absolutely wash your jewellery, just rinse with mild hand-soap as how one would wash your hands regularly with mild hand-soap.
- Store your jewellery in the jewellery box that came with during purchase.
Unbeknown to many, while diamonds are durable, they are not invincible to knocks and scratches. Diamonds are able to chip if exposed to knocks over sharp edges or surfaces.
Finally, as with all things, fine jewellery will develop scratches over time which is a natural process of wear and tear. To restore brand new shine to your jewellery, re-plating and polishing is always possible.