The design brief for this set of wedding bands was: something simple, yet unique. It also had to be of course, comfortable for wear. This couple is no stranger to Heritage Gems as they had previously customised their Blue Spinel engagement ring with us a few years back. And they knew exactly our design ethos.
Our guiding principle in the designing of our jewellery are:
- Timeless classics (yes, possibly something even your grandmother would wear)
- unique simplicity. We create for the purpose and place of the the jewellery and the wearer. Simplicity is not the absence of aesthetics nor beauty. In fact, to create a stunning, yet simple piece of jewellery is a feat.
- Pleasing: great design that is pleasing. Pleasing to the eye and pleasing to wear
- Wearability and usability over aesthetics. For the purpose of this article, this point in particular is important when in comes to designing and handcrafting wedding bands.
- Form and function go hand-in-hand. Because without function, there is no form. An aesthetically stunning, trendy piece of jewellery but does not serve the wearer the function and comfort is basically, pretty much useless.
We handcraft beautiful pieces in elegant yet unique jewellery pieces, which will wear the test of time.
They wanted a pair of wedding bands that would complement (though not necessarily match) the style and design of their engagement ring.
Also, the bride wanted a band that was sparkly enough she could wear as a standalone ring. Yet, simple enough that when paired with her engagement ring, it would not steal the spotlight away from the centre piece.