Congratulations on being a proud owner of a fine piece of jewellery from Heritage Gems! Our pieces are individually handcrafted to the finest quality standards that will withstand that test of time. However, before you go off and start banging your ring or bracelet on your kitchen sink, one should know by now that fine jewellery deserve to be treated with care and love. So please read on below on tips for caring for your fine jewellery by Heritage Gems.
- LIFO: Last In, First Out. Fine jewellery should usually be the last item you wear before leaving the house and the first item out when arriving back home.
- Avoid doing house chores and manual labour or washing the dishes with fine jewellery (especially those with diamonds or gemstones mounted on).
- Gently wipe jewellery with the cleaning cloth provided by Heritage Gems
- Do not clean jewellery with any type of chemicals, cleaning agents, harsh solvents, harsh liquids
- If, and only if, one has to absolutely wash your jewellery, just rinse with mild hand-soap as how one would wash your hands regularly with mild hand-soap.
- Store your jewellery in the jewellery box that came with during purchase.
Unbeknown to many, while diamonds are durable, they are not invincible to knocks and scratches. Diamonds are able to chip if exposed to knocks over sharp edges or surfaces.
Finally, as with all things, fine jewellery will develop scratches over time which is a natural process of wear and tear. To restore brand new shine to your jewellery, re-plating and polishing is always possible.
Being able to wear one’s engagement ring together with the wedding band seamlessly is a beautiful affair.
We are honoured and had the pleasure of handcrafting this beautiful seamless wedding band set for a very special couple.
Below: Unheated Royal Blue Sapphire and Diamond Ring set in 18K white gold.
This exceptional unheat sapphire is almost 3 cts, in a tinge of blue just slightly darker than a medium electric blue. This blue can be described as cobalt blue. Well-cut and properly faceted means that one is able to see the many facets of the sapphire, even after it has been mounted onto the ring.
Below: When the wedding band is slipped through the finger, it sits seamlessly with the engagement ring, and with no gaps in between both rings. This effect is typically achieved if the request is made with your jeweller right at the onset of customising the engagement ring – that you would wish for your wedding band and engagement ring to sit together seamlessly.
Below: Pair of solid 18K white gold wedding bands with personalised engraving on both wedding bands. While there is no hard and fast rule to the thickness of the wedding bands, here at Heritage Gems, we believe that wedding bands should not be cast too thin. Our wedding bands are crafted in solid gold with good thickness to last you a lifetime.
If you would like to create your seamless engagement-wedding band set, request for this with us at your first appointment so that we can customise both bands to fit each other during the design consultation and discussion stage.